Currently we have classes at Inverness Leisure centre running with slight changes to the usual timetable:
Mondays 11:30am Sports hall 1
Friday 11:15am Sports hall 2
You need to book directly with Highlife Highland for these by calling or using the HLH website for booking.
These classes run at the
- Inverness Leisure Centre every friday morning, 11am until midday, usually held in Sports Hall 1 or Sports hall 2. It is part of your highlife membership if you have one.
- Inverness Leisure Centre every Monday morning 11am till midday, usually held in Sports Hall 2, sometimes in Lower Deck Lounge. This is an improver class and is part of your highlife membership if you have one.
Also classes in Tain at TRACC:
1- Qigong, Tuesdays 12 till 1pm
- 2-Tai chi, Tuesdays 1pm till 2pm
and Grantown-on-Spey at the Pagoda:
- 1- Qigong, Thursdays 10 till 11am
- 2- Tai chi, Thursdays 11am til 12 noon
- 3- Tai chi, Thursday 12 till 1pm
These classes teach Yang style tai chi taught in the NaiShinDo lineage. NAiShinDo means Inner Sacred Way, and is a network of schools and tai chi classes in Japan founded by Master Fu Tamon Toyoki Nagao. My own master, Rebecca Knowles, learnt Tai Chi in Japan in the 1990’s, learning from Master Fu Tamon Toyoki Nagao.
The first form learnt is the long form, large frame hand form, and we can then progress from there to include partner work and weapons forms. These classes are suitable for all levels of fitness as we can adapt to suit your level and ability.
The benefits of learning Tai Chi are numerous starting with balanced immune system, improving your muscle mass, working on your core, better mind/body connection, improved moods and better overall balance…Please check the Tai Chi Chuan page for more details on benefits.
Join our friendly group and discover Tai Chi and its many benefits. Beginners are always welcome.